By Robert A Schanke, Theresa M COLLINS, Melanie Blood, Alexis GREENE, Jennifer SCHLUETER, Dan Friedman, David A. Crespy, John R Poole, Barry B Witham, Sheila Anderson, Bruce Kirle Ph.D., Stephen D Burwind, Jeffrey Eric Jenkins, Ullom, Kathy L Privatt, Dr. An
Read or Download Angels in the American Theater: Patrons, Patronage, and Philanthropy PDF
Similar theater books
The amount is the first-ever book-length examine of the cinematic illustration of Paris within the movies of German ? migr? filmmakers, lots of whom fled there as a safe haven from Hitler. In coming to Paris—a privileged web site when it comes to construction, exhibition, and picture culture—these skilled execs additionally encountered resistance: hostility towards Germans, anti-Semitism, and boycotts from a French terrified of wasting jobs to foreigners.
Wie können Erkenntnisse der Unternehmensethik auf den Kulturbetrieb angewendet werden? Neben der Darstellung, Durchdringung und Synthese bislang unverbundener Forschungsergebnisse aus Unternehmensethik, Kulturwissenschaft und Kulturmanagementlehre stellt Daniel Ris den Praxisbezug durch Interviews mit zehn wesentlichen Theaterleitenden aus dem deutschsprachigen Raum her.
An eclectic and insightful selection of essays predicated at the speculation that well known cultural records supply precise insights into the worries, anxieties and wishes in their instances. Nineteen Fifties renowned culture is analysed through major students and critics akin to Christopher Frayling, Mark Jancovich, Kim Newman and David J.
Bertolt Brecht's Me-ti, which remained unpublished in his personal lifetime, now looks for the 1st time in English. Me-ti counselled opposed to 'constructing too entire pictures of the world'. For this paintings of fragments and episodes, Brecht collected anecdotes, poems, own tales and checks of up to date politics.
- Dreaming on a Sunday in the Alameda and Other Plays (Chicana & Chicano Visions of the Americas)
- New Visions Performance (Innovations in Art and Design)
- Renaissance Drama and a Modern Audience
- Performing Consciousness
- The Routledge Companion to Commedia dell'Arte
- Anatomy of Performance Training
Extra resources for Angels in the American Theater: Patrons, Patronage, and Philanthropy
Following the company’s reorganization in 1908, which retired the impresario, Heinrich Conried, Kahn tolerated only two more years of deficits under the new general manager, Guilio Gatti Casazza. Auditable 24 modern cosmopolitan accounts were introduced, and then a study of expenses was undertaken in 1909 by commercial theater producer, Charles B. Dillingham, acting as an outside consultant. 15 The story of the New Theatre unfolded and climaxed in the same time frame. Kahn’s first major attempt to subsidize serious, noncommercial theater, the New Theatre was a millionaire’s philanthropy that promised at once to equal the Metropolitan Opera in grandeur and the New York Public Library in democratic idealism.
Quoted in Pankratz and Morris, Future of the Arts, 252–53. 43. Foundation Center, “After Holding the Line for Two Years, Foundation Giving Declined in 2003,” press release, April 5, 2004, http://fdncenter. html (accessed November 8, 2005). 4 4. org (accessed February 20, 2005). 45. org/magazines/2000–01/lamarche. html (accessed February 20, 2005). 4 6. Ben Cameron, “Systems and Survival,” American Theatre 22 (April 2005): 4. 47. org (accessed October 19, 2005). 48. cfm (accessed November 7, 2006).
2. Alexander Woollcott, “Second Thoughts on First Nights,” New York Times, April 25, 1920. 3. Lee Simonson to Kahn, November 13, 1932, Otto H. Kahn Papers, Department of Rare Books and Special Collections, Princeton University Library (hereafter, Kahn Papers). 4. Kenneth Macgowan to Kahn, September 7, 1924, and June 25, 1923, Kahn Papers. 5. Jack Poggi, Theater in America: The Impact of Economic Forces, 1870–1967 (Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 1968), 140. 6. Theresa M. Collins, Otto Kahn: Art, Money, and Modern Time (Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina, 2002).